How to Log In for Illinois Tollway Portal :
I-Pass popularly known as “I-PASS” is the electronic toll collection system. It is used by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (ISTHA), on its highway toll plaza which was started on 18th November 1993, along with the starting of 355 Interstate Highways (i.e. Veterans Memorial Tollway). The Authority utilizes a similar transponder just as the “E-ZPass” system which is utilized in the North-Eastern regions of the United States, the Chicago Skyway, & the Indiana Toll Road, alongside the Indiana State Road 912 (i.e. Cline Avenue), Ship Canal Bridge & Indiana Harbor.
Illinois Tollway Portal Login :
To Log In for I-Pass Portal, follow the below steps:
- Visit the main official page of I-Pass Portal.
- You can also click on the link provided www.getipass.com.
- Then on the respective field put down your “User Name” and “Password”.
- Now tap on the “SIGN IN” tab to access your account.
How to Register for Illinois Tollway Portal:
To get Register for I-Pass Portal, go through the guidelines below:
- Move on to the official I-Pass Portal, following the login process above.
- On the home page, find and tap on the option “Open I-PASS Account”e. Sign Up on the I-Pass Portal.
- Now on the next page put on your “Account Number” or “Transponder Number”.
- Then you also have to provide the “Driver’s License Number” which is already being recorded on the I-PASS Account.
- After that, you have to set up your User Name, Password, and your Security Question along with its proper Answer.
- Lastly, by tapping on the “Continue” button below, your registration process will be successful.
- Now you have to “Log In” to your account, utilizing your User Name and Password, which is just created by yourself.
How can I Get or Purchase the I-PASS Transponder:
Primarily, you have to open a new online “I-PASS Account” at the official website of the authority i.e. www. illinoistollway.com/. You may also contact the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (ISTHA), through the phone at 1 -800 –UC -IPASS (800 -824 -7277), or visit in person at any of their Customer Service Center or any one of almost 200 Jewel-Osco locations in Northern Illinois or through Mail. To get the I-PASS Transponder you have to complete an Application form and Sign the I-PASS Agreement.
How to Activate Illinois Tollway Transponder:
You can Activate your I-PASS Transponder online through www.illinoistollway.com, or can contact & Call at (1 -800 -926 – 6500). You have to be prepared to provide information’s like I-PASS Serial Number & Activation Code (printed on the Activation Sticker of your Transponder. Please remember the Transponders that are obtained at the Toll Way Customer Service Center are already being activated.
How to know that Illinois Tollway is being Activated:
If you travel through an I-PASS or Online Pay Lane on any Toll Way Highway, if you see there is a signal of Blue or Yellow light, then be sure your transponder is working properly. You have to drive via a lane with an Automatic Coin Machine, the red (stop) and green (thank you) lights will indicate you, to know that your I-PASS Transponder was successfully activated & read.
What to do if my Illinois Tollway was Lost/ Stolen:
In any circumstances if your I-PASS has been Lost or Stolen, you may call to inform immediately at 800 –UC -IPASS (800 -824 -7277) so that your lost or stolen transponder can be deactivated. In case if you want to replace your I-PASS, you have to make a payment only for the deposit amount and your account balance will be automatically transferred to the newly replaced I-PASS Transponder. The deposit amount will be refunded in full, in case if the lost or stolen I-PASS Transponder is somehow located and the unit is returned to the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (ISTHA) Customer Service Center.
Also Read : TECO Account Login Guide
How to Cancel I-PASS Account:
You should return your I-PASS transponder primarily, to cancel your account. This may be done either in person or via mail for your convenience.
It is to be noted that the security deposit will be forfeited, in case if the transponder has been somehow physically damaged, painted, designed, or tampered with.
Additionally, the security deposit may also be forfeited, in any case, if an existing customer does not want to return their I-PASS Transponder, in these circumstances they need to notify the Customer Service Center.
Illinois Tollway Account Cancelling through the Mail:
You can also cancel your I-PASS Account through certified mail. You have to send your I-PASS Transponder, properly wrapped in a foil, attached with a letter requesting the authority to close your I-PASS account, including your return address. Your security deposit & balance will be returned by the company within the next 45 days of receipt of the I-PASS transponder and request. Moreover, your account has been opened with cash or check, a bank check will be mailed to the residential address mentioned in the letter. If you opened your I-PASS Account utilizing a Debit or Credit Card, then the card registered on the account will be credited.
Send the I-PASS Transponder to Address:
I-PASS Fulfilment Centre,
P.O. Box – 806518
Chicago, IL 60680, USA
Illinois Tollway Account Cancelling in Person:
If you want to cancel your I-PASS Account in person, then primarily you can return your I-PASS Transponder to a nearby I-PASS Customer Service Center.
After receiving the I-PASS Transponder, the Customer Care Service representative will be able to process and return your security deposit and if there is any remaining balance to your account.
Benefits & Advantages of using Illinois Tollway :
There are various benefits & advantages for utilizing the I-PASS, as it is the only way to travel along the Illinois Tollway. Those are briefly discussed below:
- Avoid Stopping– You can enjoy flawless traveling using the I-Pass, on the open road tolling lanes, saving your precious time, your need to stop at toll plazas, and excessive braking.
- Save Money– Take the benefit of the I-PASS toll rates only for the I-PASS customers, you can enjoy your travel for half the cost using I-PASS.
- Avoid Fees & Fines– You don’t have to worry about paying any kind of fees & fines using I-PASS. To keep you up to date, get the account alerts, about the expired credit cards and low account balances, to ensure that you never pay extra than your tolls.
- I-pass is accepted by every toll lane on the Illinois Toll way. It also can be utilized on the Indiana Toll Road, the Chicago Skyway, and in other 17 States (through the E-ZPass System).
- I-Pass is being utilized by 90% of Toll way customers.
Illinois Tollway Phone Number
Illinois Tollway Office Address:
2700, Ogden Ave,
Downers Grove, IL, US 60515 IL, USA
Return the I-PASS Transponder to Address:
I-PASS Fulfillment Centre,
P.O. Box 806518
Chicago, IL 60680
Purchase I-PASS Transponder (Call): 1 -800 –UC -IPASS (800 -824 -7277) (Monday to Friday 7 am to 5 pm)
Activate I-PASS Transponder (Call): 1 -800 -926 – 6500
Report I-PASS Lost or Stolen (Call): 1 -800 –UC -IPASS (800 -824 -7277)