Roku IP Address:
Roku has been a popular streaming device, and has been entertaining everyone, and has its very own IP Addresson your home network.
This is a device that entertains you with its videos, but sometimes you have to know the IP Address for any troubleshooting, and to gain the knowledge of the IP address, it can be done using the remote or you can opt to not use the remote. There are a total of 3 ways are given on how to find your Roku IP address.
Finding Roku IP Address with the Chrome Extension:
the IP address of the Roku can be found using the Roku remote add on for Google Chrome called Remoku.
- First open the Google Chrome, then go to the Chrome Web Store. You can find it in the bookmarks marks. You can get it in the link of your bookmarks bar or you can get it by typing the name on Google Search bar.
- Then in the Chrome app store, you have to search for Remoku.
- Then you have to select Add to Chrome.
- Then you have to open Remoku by tapping on the icon in the upper right of your Chrome Window, and then a virtual remote will open.
- Then you have to select Settings.
- Your main goal is the first two lines. In the first line you have to make the IP address match your network. The default IP address will work, but if you have made any configuration to your network, then you need to ensure that the configuration will match. In the next line, you have to specify the number of Rokus on your network and you have to start the scan to find them.
- Remoku will do the work and after the IP addresses of Roku will be found, you will find you Roku’s IP Address.
Using your Router:
this is a more direct approach depending on your router. You can see the devices connected with most of the routers and you need to have one.
- First open any web browser and then you have to login to your interface by entering the router’s IP address in the URL bar.
- You are supposed to see a list of connected devices, or you have to sign in to the router and then browse to the status pages.
- The Roku devices will be listed by your router with their hostname, which would identify the Roku devices on your network.
- If you are unable to find the Roku names, then you can look for the MAC addresses in the listing of the devices.
Using a remote:
this is the easiest way to find the address, you just need to follow the steps to find it.
- First you have to move down to the Settings from the Roku main menu.
- Then you have to search for the networking option.
- Then you have to find About, and then you will find your Roku’s IP address and other network information about your device.
Using the mobile app:
- First you have to start the Roku app.
- No, on the Roku Channel or on the Channels tab, you have to tap the gear icon which is present at the top right of the screen.
- Now, you have to tap the System Info.
This article is supposed to help you with finding the IP address. Ou can follow any of the guidelines to find the IP address of Roku.