Citibank is a global financial service that is serving more than 100 million customers in 98 countries. It is the world’s largest credit card issuer and has more than 60,000 free ATMs throughout the U.S. it was founded in the year 1812 as the City Bank of New York and then became the First National City Bank of New York. In this article, the main focus is on the activation procedure for the Citibank credit and debit card.
The debit cards allow you to make purchases and withdraw cash from the ATM, and on every purchase, you will receive rewards. For the credit cards, individual kind of card has different features accordingly and will help you to choose the card you want to possess according to your convenience. Below given are some of the credit cards issued by Citibank.
Citibank Credit Cards and their features:
- Citi Double Cash Card – this card has a regular APR of 13.99%-23.99%, with an annual fee of $0. You will get a cashback of 2% on every purchase. This card offers an intro balance transfer APR of 0% for 18 months. For the balance transfer fee and foreign transaction fee, you have to pay 3%.
- Citi Rewards card – this card comes with an annual APR of 13.49% to 23.49% with no annual fee. If you are spending $6000 for the every year at supermarkets and gas stations, then you will receive 2X thank you points and 1X points on all the other purchases. There is 0% intro purchase APR for the first 15 months, and you have to give 3% for the balance transfer fee and foreign transaction fee.
- Citi Simplicity – this card has a regular APR of 14.74%-24.74 % with annual fee. There is of 0% for intro balance transfer APR for the first 21 months and for the intro purchase APR for 12 months. You need to pay $5 or 5% for the balance transfer fee whichever is higher.
- Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard – this card comes with a regular APR of 15.99%-24.99% with an annual fee of $0 for the first year, and then you have to pay $99 for every year. You will earn 2 miles for the every $1 that you have spent on gas stations, restaurants and on other eligible American Airlines Purchases. You will also get 1 mile on every $1 you will spend on other purchases. There is no foreign transaction fee but you have to pay $5 or 5% of the amount for the balance transfer fee.
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard – this card comes with a regular APR of 15.99%-24.99%. For the first year, you don’t have to pay any fee which will change to $99 from the net year. In this card, if you can spend $4000 in the first 4 months, then you will receive 65,000 American airlines AAdvantage bonus. You will get 2 miles on spending $1 on American Airlines, telecommunication, cable, satellite providers, car rentals and gas station purchases, and on spending $1 on other purchases, you will receive 1 mile. You would have to give cash advance APR of 25.24%, and a cash advance fee of $10 or 5% of the amount transferred.
Citibank Credit Card Activation Guide Online:
There are two phases on how you are supposed to activate the card. For the net banking, you need to use their site and for the mobile app you have to download the app on your Android or iPhone.
- First you have to visit the official website from the web browser of your mobile or laptop at www.citi.com
- Then under the Sign On button select Activate Link, or directly go to www.citi.com/activate
- Then you have to enter the card details – card number.
- After you are done, you have to hit the Continue.
- Then you will receive an OTP from the bank, that you have to give, and then you have to hit the Continue button, and then you are done.
- Mobile Banking
- First you have to download the Citi mobile app on your mobile.
- Then you have to click on the Register or activate a card
- Then you have to give the picture of the credit card on the side where the number is printed. The picture must be clear to avoid any problems in the future.
- Then you have to select the credit card PINs and services. You will then have to generate a PIN and a particular card that you want to activate, and after checking the credentials, you have to hit the Submit button.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number, and then when you have completed the procedure, you have to give some answers for the final security questions.
Activation of the credit or debit card through ATM:
- First you have to generate a PIN by visiting the nearby ATM.
- Then you have to select the language you prefer.
- Then click on Create PIN using OTP.
- Then you will receive a one time password on your mobile number for verification.
- Then you have to enter the OTP and then create a PIN.
- Then you have to verify the details to avoid any confusion.
Activation of the Citibank Credit or Debit Card through customer care:
- First you have to dial a toll free number – 18602102484, and do the call from the registered mobile number.
- Then your call will be connected with the customer care representative, and then you will be asked a few questions for the verification.
- Then you will be given few directions on how to activate the card.
Credit card bill payment methods:
The methods given below can be used for the payment of the credit card bill from you own account in the Citibank
- In Citibank Online Standing Instruction – this is a payment option that you can set up for a standing instruction on the way you want to pay the bill, can it be the minimum amount due or the total amount due.
- Citi Mobile – this is a very simple method, you just have to visit citibank.co.in to pay the bill using the mobile.
- Payment through mail – you can give your payment by mails, where you have to send the mail before 5-7 days of your payment due date. You need to send a money order or a valid check and you have to mention your name and the last four digits of the account number on the front of your check or money order. Below given are the mailing options.
Payment by regular mail:
P.O. Box 9001037
Louisville, KY 40290-1037
Overnight Delivery/Express Payments
Citibank Express Payments
6716 Grade Lane
Building 9, Suite 910
Louisville, KY 40213
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. What shall I do to get rid of the trouble to access my account?
Ans. If you want to regain the online access, then you have to click on the ‘Forgot Password?’, and follow the prompts to retrieve the account.
- Q. What shall I do if my card gets stolen or lost?
Ans. If your card is stolen or lost, you have to call on the number 1-800-950-5114 and for hearing or speech impaired individuals, you can call on the number – 1-800-325-2865.
This article gives you the procedure on how to activate you Citibank debit or credit card. If you follow then step by step, you will be able to activate your card. For your queries, contact –
- Online banking support – 1-800-374-9700 and 1-877-693-0372 (for the ones with hearing or speech impairments)
- General support and servicing – 1-888-248-4226/210-677-3777 (outside U.S.) and 1-800-945-0258 (for hearing or speech impaired persons)